Thursday, December 31, 2009

DOL 51











Hi everyone! Big gain last night! I'm inching up on that 5 lb. mark---4 lbs., 14.5 oz.!!! Can you believe that?! They cut my calories last night. This is actually a relief. That high calorie formula is what they call the "jet fuel" and is so thick that it's been hard to get it to go through the tubes and/or bottle nipples. This was slowing down the delivery of that delicious goodness to my belly, not to mention tying things up on the other end. I tend to get pretty cranky when everything is not running "efficiently".

When I'm cranky, I yell. Loudly. Yeah, that's right. Listen to me!!! So, I yell, so what? I usually do this when I my belly hurts, or when my nurses bundle my hands up so that I can't get at my feeding tube. I've been told that I can't be trusted, so I guess that's what happens. But I don't like this too much. So I yell. In fact, I can be quite dramatic!

But my mom and dad are happy to hear me cry and yell. They keep telling me how lucky they are that I am doing so well. Imagine that? I cry and they coo?! I've got a nice little set of pipes on me, so we'll see how long they think it's cute...even still, we are all looking forward to me going home. I can't wait!

Until then, I hope everyone has a very happy new year! Have fun, but get home safely to your respective cribs (this is a really bad joke, but my dad made me say it).

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year everyone! We can't believe that Jack is almost 5 lbs already. He is doing so well. We enjoy watching his progress. He is a beautiful little boy. We can't wait to meet him and to also give big hugs to mom and dad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! My man Jack is looking great and so big! We're so happy for all of you and will continue to pray for God's blessings. Can't wait to see you again. -- Uncle Dave and Auntie Krissy

    ReplyDelete