Tuesday, December 1, 2009

DOL 21




Hey there folks! I'm back from a short hiatus. I've been busy growing. I'm up to a whopping 2 lbs., 11 oz. today! They say it's because I'm on such a high-calorie diet. All I know is, I eat it up just as soon as it hits my stomach! I have been doing really well. The nurses increased the caffeine that helps me remember to breathe regularly...it really took the edge off. The nurses call it "my latte". I love the stuff! I haven't had a "spell" in almost two days now! It certainly calms me down after my dad forgets to shut the flash off when taking pictures...jeez...check out the look I gave him!


Oh, yeah, you may have noticed that I've decided to don some duds...my mom brought me some clothes. I'm not quite the modest type, but it beats a little diaper and a pillowcase for a blanket...

You'll notice that I'm still swaddled up pretty good...I have decided that I don't love this. I spend a good amount of time trying to get out of it. This helps me regulate my temperature without the assistance of a lot of heat pumped into my incubator...one step closer to springing out of this joint!

So, all in all, I'm doing really well. So well, in fact that the nurses are going to let me take two naps a day outside of my incubator. That means I get to take a nap with dad for the first time tomorrow! He better hope that my diaper holds! They are also giving me bigger meals, at less frequent intervals. This is to help me get a big full belly, then take a nap to put on the pounds! It's like having a pint of Haagen Daz before bed. My dad loves that! Here are some pictures of me (and a video or two) from earlier today. Take care and I'll see you all soon...











1 comment:

  1. Dear Jack: Welcome to our world. I know your grandma and grandpa are excited to get to know you. I remember what it was like as I had two just like you. Shane and Sean. They were 2 14 1/2 at birth and only 12 inches long. I used to call them my biafra babies. I wish you a long and happy life and can't wait to meet you in person. Be good, don't forget to breath (something we should all remember)and enjoy the ride.

    ReplyDelete