Sunday, December 20, 2009

DOL 40






Well folks, it's been a little crazy outside with all the snow (so I've been told). Be careful driving out there. I have had big gains since last time I posted. I'm now up to 3 lbs., 14.9 oz!!! I'm almost a 4 pounder. I have gained a total of 1 1/2 lbs. since I was born a month ago. I'm getting HUGE!! Ha!

I'm really excited to be getting bigger. It was a little scary for my parents to handle me back when I was a 2 pounder. I was so small that it seemed like I'd break easily. I tried to explain to them that I was a tough little man, but they wanted more assurance, so I bulked up for them. Things are going well. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed now, in anticipation of an important round of tests tomorrow...

The docs are going to check my blood levels to make sure those "hematocrit" levels are coming up like they're supposed to. Hopefully, they are! I'll find out tomorrow. Hopefully this means no more blood draws. I don't like to complain, but those syringes look even bigger and scarier to a little man like myself!

I am also scheduled to have my first eye exam tomorrow. I'm nervous, but I'm hoping that everything will be fine. The doctors have to check me for retinopathy of prematurity (ROP). If it's there, it can be surgically addressed, but I'd rather avoid it altogether if I can! The tests may not be able to see for sure whether this is present yet, so I may have to have this test a few more times. I just hope it's over quick!

Next time I post, I hope I have nothing but good news! Wish me luck! Here are a couple pics that the nurses took...I decided to have some close-ups done for the parents (they think I'm adorable).

No comments:

Post a Comment