Wednesday, December 9, 2009

DOL 29


Guess what folks? I have officially made it to 3lbs! As of tonight, I'm 3lbs., .7 oz. (1380 grams.) I'm really packin' it on now! There's talk of me moving to a crib when I hit 1500 grams. We'll see...that would be great!

I am doing well with my feeds and I get to spend time with mom and dad more and more these days. I am still surprising people with how well I'm doing. I may the smallest guy in the NICU, but I keep telling them that it's all heart! My nurses keep saying that I'm going to give mom and dad a "run for their money". I guess I keep the nurses on their toes! I got my feeding tube out again last night...

I'm doing really well these days. I have about one more battery of tests (tomorrow) that I have to go through, but once that's done, I'm in the home stretch. After that, just more eating, sleeping, growing, oh, and...the whole "learning how to take a bottle thing". Although, with the way that I like to suck on my pacifier, I don't think I'll have too much trouble.

Mom and dad told me that they are really lucky and that I am a miracle (tell me something I don't know!) But, they are really thankful for all of the support and prayers that have obviously helped me get to where I am right now. I knew I would be fine all along, but it just took a while for me to prove it to mom and dad...here are some videos of me last night. Bye for now!

2 comments:

  1. aww Jack, I think you look like your mommy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't even stand how handsome he is!!!!! Love you Jack! xoxo

    ReplyDelete