Wednesday, November 18, 2009

DOL 8







Hello from South Shore Hospital NICU! Just thought I'd let everyone know how things were going. Today has been pretty good so far! I had a few good meals this morning, then dad stopped by. He is always asking questions...he's a stress-case. He didn't stay too long, but long enough to wake me up with all of his picture-taking! Now mom's here. She usually spends the day with me. I take naps on top of her. It's a nice change from being cooped up in that big plastic box all day.

When mom's here, I get to sleep without all those lights on me for once. They say that the lights are really helping my liver get rid of those broken blood cells, but I'll be glad to see them go...they're so bright that I have to have my eyes covered. The nurses tried to put little goggles on me. But I took them off. Then we tried a hat. But I took that off. Now they have a little head-band piece of material that they pull over my eyes. I like to pull that up too. In fact, I pretty much enjoy pulling anything foreign from/out/off/away from myself. It's a fun little game that the nurses and I play. They intubate, I extubate. They cover, I uncover. I like to keep them on their toes! I think mom and dad might infer from this that I may "give them a run for their money", whatever that means...

I've posted some pics of yours truly...the color photos are from today. The black and whites are from a week ago...but I thought they were good ones, so I'm postin' 'em anyway.

Well, since mom's here now, I think I'll put the keyboard away and snuggle with her. I have to get some quality mom time now, because once I'm a little bigger and stronger, I'll bet I get to spend a lot more time with all of you out there! I'm looking forward to it! Talk to you later...

2 comments:

  1. Hey Lil Guy! Sounds like you are doing great. I wanted to give your parents a link to a blog I read:http://leblanctriplets.blogspot.com (the mommy is a friend of a friend). Her babies were born at 24 weeks and they are doing great. Thought it might help them when they get worried! Hope you get sprung form the incubator soon. Baby Luke is looking forward to hanging with you!

    Melanie, Eric, and Luke Andrews

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jack...who will soon be Jack Attack and definitely giving your parents a run for their money...all of us on the other side of the plastic are routing for you and sending all the love, prayers and positive energy in the world to you and your parents! We love you!

    ReplyDelete