Thursday, November 12, 2009

DOL 2


Ok...so a quick rundown of last night's events. I got changed. Nice. Nothing like a new pair of pants to make you feel like a new man. Oh, as promised, I pulled that darn tube out of my mouth. I heard the doc say that I didn't need it and they will just keep an eye on me. Score one for the Jackster! I do have this other tube down my mouth, for now (but we'll see how long that one lasts).

I'm feeling pretty good right now. But, somebody keeps pulling this hat over my eyes. I keep having to pull it back up. This seems to be the way things go around here. I hear from the nurses that my heart rate, respirations, and O2 saturation levels are good. I'm not sure I care about any of that, though. I think I'm a little more interested in the damn hat they keep pulling down over my eyes. It's pretty bright in here, even at night. They keep these lights on me all the time. They say it's for my own good. I heard my mom used to own a tanning salon...maybe they're prepping me for a career!?! It's really because the lights help breakdown some of the damaged cells in my blood so that my liver can make short work of them. My liver isn't quite finished maturing (along with many of my organs), so I can use the help right now.

Otherwise, I seem to be doing pretty well. My breathing and heartrate is good. I forgot to mention that while I was back with mom, I got a few doses of some steriods, which help with my lungs...which is nice, so I got that going for me.

So far, so good. It was a long day. I did some relaxin' with mom and dad. They seem to be here a lot. I like mom; she's pretty and she is really nice. Dad's okay too...he's growing on me. The nurses here are cool too. So far, no complaints...except for the whole "pee/poop your pants" thing. Oh, and the bright lights. But, all in all, this place isn't so bad. Well, that's enough for me today, I'll catch you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment