Wednesday, November 18, 2009

DOL 7

Hey folks! I got good news today...I got my results back from my big test. I didn't get 100, but I came pretty darn close! Everything that all these people are doing for me is really paying off! I feel good. I got weighed today too. I'm a hefty 2 lbs., 4 oz. I know, you're thinking "Jack weren't you 2 lbs., 6 oz. at birth?" Well, good memory...but I think I neglected to mention that I am expected to lose 10-12% of my birth weight before I start gaining again. Usually, a guy of my gestational (that's a pretty big word for such a little guy) age will get back up to his birth-weight at Day of Life 10. I think I'm going to beat that! To help me, my doctors and nurses are increasing my "feeds". I am downing more and more of that delicious stuff. What can I say...I like to eat (I take after my dad!).

Today was a good day. I spent all day with mom. Dad came later. He told me he was sorry that he had to work...don't worry dad, I'll let you make it up to me with lots of playtime down the road. Mom was fun today. She has such a nice voice. Oh, and she's pretty too. I saw her red hair today. I keep hearing my parents talking about what color my hair is going to be. It looks like a dirty blonde right now...but that won't last. I think I'll keep 'em guessing for now. At least for a little while. Well that's it for me today...the big test took a lot out of me, so I'm going to get back to doing what I like best, napping. Here's a little video of me....

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh he is sooooo cute and strong too he is doing great lifting his head a little wow we are so proud of you Jack!!!! Keep up the good work, Mom and Dad too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my God- I can't wait to hold him and squeeze him and kiss him a hundred times! He is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Baby Jack your getting so big and strong! I can hear on the video that you already have your mommy giggling because she is so proud of you. Oh and for the record I always said that you would have strawberry blonde hair ;)Thank you for proving me right. hehe
    I can't wait to come give you and your parents a great big hug!

    ReplyDelete