Monday, November 23, 2009

DOL 13


Great news today! I got good grades on a follow up head ultrasound...no change and it looks like I'm going to be just fine on that front! My mom and dad were very relieved after they heard that.

It looks like from here on out, I am just trying to sleep, eat, and grow. I have a number of other hurdles, but so far, so good. I settled down a little since the lights were removed. Those lights drove me nuts! They also elevated my temperature, which caused my heartrate to speed up, which made my mom very nervous (what else is new?!).

I have been having a lot of spells lately. You probably remember, this is when I forget to breathe for a few seconds. Most of the time, I remember, but if I don't and those little alarms tattle on me...well, then I get a little tickle from a nurse. That usually helps me remember to get back to work breathing! The other thing that the doctors did for me is to put me on a little dose of caffeine to keep my little heart beating normally. (My mom and dad love the stuff, so I guess I'm a chip off the ol' block!)

This all sounds pretty scary, but I keep telling my mom and dad that it's okay and I'll knock it off in time. Because my neurological system (nerves and stuff) is immature, sometimes the signal that my brain is sending shorts out on the way to my little muscles. All of this will go away when I get a little older.

Until then, though, I will probably just continue to give my dad gray hair, and my mom restless nights. I think that this is pretty much par for the course. So, some "spells" now, but someday I'll ask to borrow the car and then watch them worry! I've got plenty of growing to do until then, so I've got to get to sleep (which is when I grow the most). I have a full belly and I got to nap with mom and dad, so I'm going to call it a day. Tomorrow is my two week mark! I'm 2 weeks old!

No comments:

Post a Comment