Wednesday, November 25, 2009

DOL 15




Hey folks! I didn't get to update you yesterday...I was too busy celebrating two weeks!! Plus, sometimes it can be tough to get to a computer with all of these feedings and diaper changes!

Well, I'm a two-weeker now. I'm looking forward to a month..then I'll be really old...

I'm in the "sleep and grow" stage of my development. I do a lot of sleeping, a lot of eating and a lot of pooping. It's not so bad, the nurses change me pretty often, so I don't get uncomfortable. But today, I accidentally pooped on mom!! I was so comfortable, I forgot that I was on her and I made a mess. Get used to it mom. Dad, you're next. Even though all this pooping is yucky, my dad is really happy because it means that I'm digesting all my food!

On a less yucky note, because I've been doing so well with my feedings, the docs are giving me iron supplements now. Pretty soon, my bone marrow will start producing it's own red blood cells. The iron helps my marrow get the job done. Right now, I'm just using the red blood cells that mom gave me. Well, soon I will be able to produce them all by myself!

So far so good everyone! Keep sending your prayers and love. I appreciate it. Oh, and I wish you all a happy Thanksgiving! You can see that I'm all excited for my turkey/mashed potatoes/gravy-flavored formula. I even put on my T-day bib. So, when you're settling in for your post dinner-nap, I will be too!! See you on Friday!!!


3 comments:

  1. Jack, You are just the cutest lil guy ever!!!! Happy Thanksgiving, we are thankful today that you are doing so well we love you! Love, Joe, Melissa, Samuel & Juliette!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dinean, Mike and Jack! - Happy Thanksgiving, I hope you all had a wonderful day! I read a really incredible article today about a 6 year old girl who was born 4 months early at 1.6! It was sooo wonderful to read and think about you guys. I pray every day for you and I can't wait to meet little Jack. I'm getting teary - because I miss you soooo much! I hope you had a wonderful day - I'm thankful to god for giving you such a blessing. Goodnight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michael and Dinean
    We are all happy to see how well Jack is progressing. We love the picture with his eyes open. He looks so sweet. We see grammie was successful in getting him to wear his first Thanksgiving bib. He better get used to that kind of thing. That is what grammies do to let you know how much they love you and to show you off. I hope that you both had a chance to take a moment for yourselves to give thanks and rejuvenate a little on Thanksgiving. You are all in our thoughts and prayers.
    Love,
    Karen, John and Christina

    ReplyDelete