Saturday, November 14, 2009

DOL 4




Whew! What a night! It was a little crazy last night. I had a few "spells". The nurses said that this is not uncommon and to be expected from a guy my age. These spells are bradycardic, that is, my heartrate slowed. Hey, I remembered to keep breathing though! Before you start rushing to judgment, cut Jack a little slack (a writer and a poet! I didn't even know it! My feet show it; Longfellows aren't they?--man, I love that joke). These "spells" aren't uncommon and I'm still breathing throughout them...I mean, seriously folks, I'm way ahead of the game, so no cause for concern. After all, they still call me a "rockstar".

I will eventually grow out of these "spells", but remember how I told you that some of my organs are not completely mature yet? Well, that's what's doing it. I'm just trying to get all my pistons calibrated and firing at once. I'll get there soon enough. Before you know it, I'll be out of here and stinking up your house with my dirty diapers when I come to visit.

My mom and dad are here all the time...but they need a rest. They seem as tired as I am...I'm not going to stress them out too much more. I hear them talking about how much they appreciate everyone's support and prayers. I'm a lot to worry about right now, so don't get upset if you don't hear back from them for a while...they are so busy with me at the hospital that they don't get much sleep...HA! Just wait 'til I get home! They're done sleeping! Goodbye 8 hours, hello bags under-the-eyes! Oh well, I'm worth it!

Before I finish for the day, I thought I'd post a picture of the older brother that my parents keep talking about. This is a pic that my dad left on the camera when they snuck him into the maternity ward to visit with mom...it was Halloween, so he's in a coastal-New England-appropriate costume. I'm not sure what any of that means, I just report what I hear. I'm only 4 days old, after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment