Wednesday, January 20, 2010

DOL 71





Hey there folks! It's been a few days since I updated you...I have been busy trying to get the hang of this bottle feeding thing. I have a little acid reflux, so every time I finish eating, I tend to spit up a little and it doesn't exactly feel or taste too nice. So, the nurses have been trying all sorts of tricks to try to minimize this. It doesn't help that I have this tube in my throat that prevents me from completely closing off the path from my little stomach. But, I can't lose the tube until I can take all my feeds through the bottle.

All of this reflux business keeps me awake when I'm supposed to be sleeping and growing. I am eager to grow out of this or for something else to make it go away! I can get pretty uncomfortable when this happens (not to mention the gas pains) and when I'm uncomfortable, I yell. I don't mean to, I just yell at the nearest person. "HEY, THIS HURTS! COME PICK ME UP AND RUB MY BACK!" That usually gets their attention, but I hate to keep yelling...so hopefully this will get better soon. After all, I can't wait to go home!

Even with this issue, I still keep eating and growing...I'm up to 6 lbs., 12 oz. I'm one of the biggest kids in this place now! Hopefully, at this rate, I'll get to go home sooner than later!

No comments:

Post a Comment