Saturday, January 9, 2010

DOL 60







Hey everyone! It's been a few days since I stopped by to say hello, but I've been busy growing! I'm a hefty 5 lbs., 14.8 oz. I'm really packin' it on now. Things are going well...except that I had another spell. The nurses caught me...I get a little acid reflux these days (you would too if you had to eat so much, so many times a day) and today I spit up a little through my nose. It really hurt and I couldn't breathe. It was awful. Thankfully, my nice nurse ran over and suctioned all of that spit out of my airway and I settled back down. I will undoubtedly outgrow this in time, but remember, I'm still only 35 5/7 weeks corrected gestational age. I still have a month before my due date comes...so I'm still doing really well, all things considered. "So I got that goin' for me...which is nice."

I'm recovering from a long day which included a big multi-vitamin dose and another big blood test. My hematocrit level has dipped a bit, but that's not uncommon. I'm on the "preemie rollercoaster" until I get to be about 40 weeks corrected gestational age. Oh well. On the bright side, the nurses said told me that this is quite normal and that my retic' levels are still up where they need to be to make more hematocrit cells. They tell me that by the next time they do a blood draw, my 'crit levels ought to reflect this. Thank goodness. Honestly, all this work (swallowing, breathing, not-choking, and preening for the camera) is tiring considering that I'm anemic. I can't wait until I'm back to normal levels! I'm beat!

No comments:

Post a Comment