Sunday, January 17, 2010

DOL 68




I'm creeping up on DOL 70 folks! I'm almost to 38 weeks (corrected gestational age)! I can't believe it! I've been here for over two months now and I'm rarin' to get home. I got weighed tonight and I'm inching closer to that next big mile-marker. I'm 6 lbs., 10 oz. and change! When I hit 7 lbs., I'll have tripled my birthweight (of 2 lbs., 6 oz.). It was a great day today, I got to hang out with mom and dad, at the same time tonight. Most days, they come up at different times to visit with me. It was the whole family at once, today! It was great. I was so excited that I took 56 mL. of my bottle. I'm taking upwards of 75 mLs for a "full feed", but I get tuckered out quickly and usually get a good chunk of it down that tube in my nose. Oh yeah, I pulled that darn thing out again tonight too.

So, all in all, not a bad day for this little man! I'm dreading tomorrow, though. Another eye exam. I hate those. They usually throw me for a loop for a day or two. Hopefully, it'll be over quickly and it doesn't cause me to have any spells...

I'm feeling really great and I'm hoping that I keep this pace with the bottle feeds. Before you know it, I'll be heading home! My mom brought in a little baby swing for me to hang out in...it helps with the reflux, and it beats just laying around in the crib...

So, wish me luck with my eye exam, and I'm counting down the days until my next blood 'crit test...that should be on the 26th. I feel like my 'crit level is rising, since I'm taking more and more of my bottles without issue. Hopefully, this remains the case and the blood test confirms this! Then I'll be well on my way home!

Here are some more photos and videos of me!

1 comment: