Thursday, February 4, 2010

DOL 86







Well hey there folks! I have some pretty good news. I met with the cardiologists from Children's Hospital today...they gave me a clean bill of health. My little heart isn't causing any hypertension! That's good news. They also said that the tiny little hole in my atrial wall will probably close up on its own. Even if it doesn't, they said that they could repair it with a really simple, easy routine surgery with a catheter. That's a relief. Chances are, though, that this won't cause me any issues...boy, I've had more tests by three months than most of you have had in three decades!! These hospital folk are great! So, now where back to square one about the hypertension. They are going to do a lab culture to ensure that the ol' kidneys are doing what they're supposed to...but since the renal ultrasound looked normal, I'm not too worried about it. It's just another test!! I'm getting pretty good at these things by now!

Well, all things considered, I'm doing well here. I'd like to get home, but they keep telling me that I can't until I can take a whole bottle at each feeding. They don't want to send me home with this ridiculous feeding tube. Plus, my folks wouldn't be able to stop me from pulling it out...I hate it!! So, hopefully I'll get the hang of it soon!!

I'll check in again once I get some more feedback from these tests! Oh, I almost forgot...I'm up to 7 lbs., 14 oz. I have rolls on my chubby little legs! I earned 'em!

2 comments:

  1. This is an absolutely adorable journal/blog. I am truely enjoying all the pictures. Jack is doing a good job making movies for mommy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to grow, Jackson! We're very proud and are praying diligently for you. Can't wait to see you all when the weather gets warmer!

    All our love,

    Papa, Mama and Baby G.

    ReplyDelete